Meet Barbara Legg
Realtor, Manalo Realty
EEF Board President
Thank goodness for Barbara Legg! If it wasn’t for her the EastLake Educational Foundation would not be going strong 20 years later. Barbara, the EEF’s current Board President, spends endless hours every week volunteering her time to make sure the children in EastLake have the very best education possible. She is passionate about technology and making sure that our children have it readily available so that each student is given the opportunity to strive in our highly competitive technological world. She is a key component to the EEF giving approximately $120,000 each and every year to the EastLake schools since 1995!
So you can get to know her even better here are some fun facts about Barbara:
1. Barbara spent a large portion of her childhood on the East Coast, however because her dad was a Marine they were stationed in Coronado. She is a Cali Girl at heart, loved the amazing weather and has been here ever since. She is a Coronado High School grad and later became one of the very first EastLake residents! She still resides in her beautiful EastLake home today with her husband of 22 years. They raised their two children, Austin and Breanna in EastLake where they attended EastLake Elementary, EastLake Middle and graduated from EastLake High School.
2. Barbara fully immersed herself in the community when she worked for the EastLake Company from 1990–1997 at the Welcome Center showing off the EastLake Community to potential residents. She later worked for the EastLake I Community Association as the Recreation Director from 1997–2003 where she implemented a lot of the annual EastLake events for the residents such as: Breakfast with Santa, Price is Right Trip, Craft Fair, Breakfast with the Bunny, Annual Garage Sale, and the 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular to name a few.
3. Speaking of Price is Right…While on the Annual EastLake HOA Price is Right trip in 2000 Barbara not only won a car but the entire Showcase Showdown as well! The showcase had a bedroom set, pair of skis, and a snowmobile! (She sold that to an attorney in Arizona! Go figure!)
4. In 1994 after noticing budget cuts from the state to our schools – that her children attended, Barbara approached the EastLake Company about starting an educational foundation to help our students stay above the curve. She helped find the company to provide the seed money for the EEF’s induction and in 1995 the EastLake Educational Foundation was born! She is proud to be a founding member of this very important cause. Strong schools equal strong communities and she strongly believes our community is one of the strongest!
5. In 2003 Barbara became a Real Estate Agent and she now helps buyers and sellers in EastLake – and beyond with their real estate needs. She absolutely loves helping people in her community and neighborhood. She feels like living here and being so involved gives her an added advantage. Barbara is a realtor for Manalo Realty in EastLake. www.BarbaraLegg.com
6. Not only is Barbara the EEF Board President but she also sits on the board of directors for the EastLake I Community Association as the Secretary.