As a principal for many years in the Eastlake Community , I was always grateful for the support and friendship that EEF provided the school and me and would like to give back to EEF and the community now that I am retired.
School administrators oversee all the programs in a school, both academic and facilities. As educational leaders, we ensure the curriculum is rigorous and follows the Common Core Standards, plan staff development with input from the staff, provide resources and support to the staff, and are visible throughout the school. As plant managers, our first goal is to make sure all children are in a safe environment. We have safety practice drills to make sure children and staff know what to do in case of emergencies and provide resources and support to our classified staff. We are responsible for the fiscal management of funds that the school receives by following our Single Plan for Student Achievement and establish a Safe School Plan with input from all stakeholders. Bringing in the community to support the school is also an important aspect of our job.
- 2009 – 2018: Olympic View Elementary School, CVESD – Principal
- 2000 – 2009: Valley Vista Elementary School, CVESD – Principal
- 1997 – 1999: Martin Luther King Elementary School, SDUSD – Vice Principal
- St. Gregory the Great Catholic Church – Eucharistic Minister and usher
- Optimist Club member
- Scripps Ranch Civic Association – Fourth of July Parade