Growing up in Chula Vista, I know the special place this is. I welcome the chance to give back to the community that helped shape me.
Michael is an experienced and trained non-profit and educational grant writer. As editor, managing editor and writer of a monthly community magazine he is a seasoned public relations professional. Michael is an established and award-winning speaker and trainer with more than 25 professional presentations at regional and national conferences, universities and organizations. Michael is an accomplished university administrator with 16 years of professional experience in development/alumni relations and student affairs divisions.
- Senior Grant Writer, Chula Vista Elementary School District, Feb 2018 – present
- Grants Manager, Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank, March 2012 – Feb 2018
- Editor, My Hometown Chula Vista Magazine, Feb 2008 – June 2012
- Assistant Coach — Girls Softball, Helix High School
- Volunteer — San Diego Food Bank, Youth Leadership Council Advisor
- Volunteer — Patrick Henry High School Bel Canto Choir — chaperone and fundraiser
- Previous Board Member at Navajo Girls Softball & San Diego Sate University Alumni Association